Piatt County Highway Department
The Piatt County Highway Department is accepting applications for the position of Engineering Technician. The position includes design, construction and maintenance engineering for the roads and bridges of Piatt County.
JOB SUMMARY: Serves as Engineering Technician for various road and bridge, drainage, and similar projects. Accountable for Piatt County NBIS, preparing permits pertaining to the Piatt County highway system, and the Piatt County Sign Maintenance Program. Provides technical guidance to in-house staff pertaining to engineering matters during design and construction, investigates citizen inquiries, conducts field inspections, and develop recommendations. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
QUALIFICATIONS: The following are considered as comprehensive qualifications. Applicants need not have every qualification listed but should generally possess a wide array of these qualifications and skills.
Experience: Candidates for this position must possess the following experience, or experience deemed to be equivalent to the following:
- 0-5 years working experience and a general knowledge of county engineering concepts.
- Relevant college coursework and continuing education certifications.
- Project design support and construction inspection/documentation.
- Resident construction engineering and survey chief.
- Project planning and design.
- Management/administration of projects involving MFT funding.
Skills: The following skills are basic to the functions of this position.
- Advanced proficiency level utilizing Microsoft Office
- Advance math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and geometry.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of surveying equipment and material testing equipment.
Required Licenses: The person holding this position must have the following licenses:
- Illinois Class D Vehicle Operators License.
APPLY TO: Piatt County Engineer
1115 North State Street
Monticello, IL 61856
APPLY BY: A letter of introduction and a resume (including three references with contact information and salary requirements) should be submitted to the address above, or in lieu of hard copies, “pdf” files may be sent to email@example.com.